As Thanksgiving nears, I am awed by and grateful for how God has blessed UrbanPromise Charlotte this past year. There are hundreds of blessings I could share, but here are 7 that stand out:
- Our inspiring inaugural class of StreetLeaders. Last October, 16 teenagers were hired as UrbanPromise’s Charlotte’s first StreetLeaders. This group, which has grown to 22 members, is the hands and feet of our afterschool and summer programs.
- The launch and growth of our first AfterSchool Program, which we call “Camp Joy.” Camp Joy began in February with six elementary school students on our first day. In September, we began our first full academic year of Camp Joy at full capacity, with over 60 students.
- The purchase of our first UrbanPromise Charlotte school bus.
- Our first six-week Summer Camp. Our StreetLeaders and staff led campers through an engaging summer full of reading, science experiments, field trips, Bible study, songs, skits, and more.
- Our committed volunteers and donors, who sacrificially give of their time and resources because they believe in the potential of our campers and StreetLeaders.
- Our exceptional, devoted, and talented staff andboard of directors, who leverage their leadership, passion, and expertise on behalf of the children and youth in our programs.
- The privilege of spending each day with our children and teens, as they expand God’s kingdom here in Charlotte by the way they dream, persevere, and lead.
Thank you for being part of the UrbanPromise story here in Charlotte. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!
Grace and peace,